Saturday, September 5, 2009

Relationships

I'm sure that most of us have heard the cheesy church mantra "it's not a religion, it's a relationship."

Well no matter how horribly gaudy it sounds to us because of how churchy it is, it's true. I have a relationship with Jesus. And, as young and inexperienced as I am I know a few things, one of which being that relationships are messy. Especially between human beings. Honestly it's an interesting relationship that I'm in with Jesus though as he's perfect and all, it seems like I'm always doing dumb stuff that he's really not ok with, but he just keeps forgiving me and helping me to do better in the future. Seriously, I did like eight dumb things today, and just forgave me and told me not to get stuck up in it but to trust that he's already taken care of it and to move on...

He's really the awesomest person I've ever known... and I love Him so much. And He loves me. And I want to come back and I want to spend all my time with Him and just, you know, look at Him...

I know... that sounds weird. But that's ok.

Because it's the most authentic thing that I've written in a long while.

No comments: